Where to buy Pred-forte ?
- 10mg - Prednisolone Acetate USP;
- 3mg - Ofloxacin USP;
- 0.05 mg - Benzalkonium Chloride USP;
- Purified Water IP qs;
Where ever inflammation and infection co-exists. Mainly for post cataract inflammation control. Also tor steroid
responsive inflammation of the palpebral and bulbar conjunctiva, cornea and anterior segment of the globe.
Pred Forte eye drops are indicated for the treatment of:
- Ocular surfaces caused by various gram negative;
- Gram positive bacteria;
- External infections of the eye;
- Corneal ulcers;
- Anaerobic species;
- Sensitivity to Pred Forte eye drops;
- Ocular tuberculosis;
- Most viral diseases of the cornea and conjunctiva;
- Fungal diseases of the eye;
- Acute superficial herpes simplex (dendritic keratitis);
Pred Forte eye drops are coritraindicated in patients with history of hypersensitivity to Pred Forte eye drops, to other
quinolones, or to any of the components in Pred Forte eye drops.
Safety of Intensive or protracted use of topical steroids during pregnancy has not been substantiated.
Because of the potential for serious adverse reactions from Pred Forte eye drops in nursing infants, a decision should be made
whether to discontinue nursing or to discontinue Pred Forte eye drops,
taking into account the importance of Pred Forte eye drops to the mother.
- Secondary ocular infections from fungi or viruses liberated from ocular tissues;
- Posterior sub capsular cataract formation;
- Perforation of the globe when used in conditions where there is thinning of the cornea or sclera;
- Increased intraocular pressure with optic nerve damage;
- Defects in the visual fields;
Systemic side effects may occur with extensive use of steroids.
The most frequently reported drug-related adverse reaction was transient ocular burning or discomfort.
Other reported reactions include:
- Blurred vision;
- Chemical conjunctivitisis-keratitis;
- Eye pain;
- Foreign body sensation;
- Penocular/facial edema;
1 to 2 Pred Forte eye drops instilled into conjunctival sac 2-3 times daily. During the initial 24 to 48 hours the dosage may
safely be increased to 2 drops every hour. Care should be taken not to discontinue therapy prematurely.
Clinically apparent symptoms of overdosage may be seen as:
- Lid edema;
- Punctate keratitis;
Pred Forte eye drops should be withheld and appropriate change in therapy instituted.
Pred Forte eye drops are supplied in sterile 5ml plastic dropper bottles.