Where to buy Xalacom ?
Xalacom is a medication that comes in the form of eye drops. A dose of Xalacom contains two very important ingredients, timolol maleate and latanoprost. These ingredients are in fact drugs that are able to decrease the patient's abnormally high levels of eye pressure. Because these ingredients have different ways of dealing with this medical condition, the effects of Xalacom are greater, as their beneficial effects are combined.
The patient's eye pressure ought to be naturally maintained under healthy levels by a liquid flow that is known as the aqueous humour. This humour is naturally produced by a part of each human being's eye: the ciliary body. This humour is supposed to effectively drains out of the patient's eyeball through the trabecular meshwork (a network of channels). However, if for some reason the flow of the humour is (partially) blocked, a build up of the humor inside the eyeball can cause severe symptoms, such as an abnormally high pressure within the patient's eye. It is vital for each patient to correct their levels of this pressure, as it is known that if it not treated in an appropriate manner, this medical condition could trigger severe side effects such as impaired vision, optic nerve damage, and so on. Xalacom has proved to be able to help patients who are suffering from a similar medical condition.
Patients from all over the world are following a treatment with Xalacom to treat their eye medical conditions (generally ocular hypertension and even open angle glaucoma). Xalacom is indicated with confidence by both pharmacists and / or physicians.
- Xalacom must not be ingested;
- When a patient is using the Xalacom eye drops he or she ought to employ extra care in avoiding to let the medication's dropper come into direct contact to any known surface (including the patient's eye), in order to keep the dropper sterile;
- Store your pack of Xalacom eye drops in your refrigerator before you are allowed to open it. after you have de-sealed your pack of Xalacom, you may keep it outside your fridge;
- A therapy with Xalacom could cause temporary blurred vision, fatigue, dizziness and other similar side effects. this is why a treatment with Xalacom could impair your ability to properly perform certain tasks such as operating machinery, driving, and so on;
- Xalacom is known to contain benzalkonium chloride. this widely spread preservative is known to be absorbed by the patient's contact lenses. this can trigger severe irritation. if you are using contact lenses and you are following a treatment with Xalacom, we recommend you to remove your lenses when you apply your daily dose(s) of Xalacom. you may put them back ion after about 20 minutes;
Although a therapy with Xalacom could trigger severe side effects, these could be avoided if you take it properly. This is why we recommend all patients who want to use Xalacom to discuss with an authorized medical provider and work up an effective and safe treatment schedule. If you have any questions regarding the intake of Xalacom (this includes proper administration method and so on) you should ask for your physician's assistance. The drug's label is considered helpful by many patients who want to know more about Xalacom.
The average adult patient who wants to start a treatment with Xalacom is generally indicated by their physician to use a dose of Xalacom on a daily basis. We recommend all patients to use their dose of Xalacom in the evening, in order to get the maximum benefits from your therapy with Xalacom. Ask your physician for further dosage instructions.
We have no information regarding the possible side effects that you could experience if you have overdosed with Xalacom. We strongly recommend you to contact your local poison control centre and ask a professional to explain to you the risks that you will be subjected to in case you overdose with Xalacom.
We cannot advise you what to do in case you miss a dose of Xalacom. We can only recommend you to contact your physician and ask him or her for further details regarding this matter. However, you ought to know that double doses are strictly forbidden without a specialist's direct consent.
A treatment with Xalacom could trigger
- Changes in your regular iris color;
- Chest pain;
- Corneal disorders;
- Difficulty sleeping;
- Double vision;
- Dry eye(s);
- Eye irritation including burning, stinging, and itching;
- Eye pain;
- Inflammation of the patient's eye lining that generally causes redness and / or pain;
- Low blood pressure (hypotension);
- Red eye;
- Shortness of breath;
- Skin rashes;
- Slowed heart rate;
- Thickening, darkening, and lengthening of your eyelashes;
During your treatment with Xalacom we advise you to avoid using any of the following medical products:
- Beta-blockers, such as atenolol;
- Calcium channel blockers, such as verapamil, nifedipine, diltiazem;
- Medicines that are supposed to treat unusual heart rhythms such as amiodarone;
In case you are already using any of these drugs, contact your pharmacist or your doctor and seek their professional advice.
Other Brand Names
In some countries Xalacom may also be known as:
- Gaap Ofteno;