Where to buy Iotim ?
Iotim, with the generic name of Levobunolol, belongs to a class of drugs known as beta-blockers that reduces the pressure inside the eye.
Iotim is specially formulated to treat:
- High pressure in the eye;
Have a talk with your doctor if you have any of the conditions below before using Iotim:
- Asthma or chronic lung disease;
- Diabetes, overactive thyroid;
- Heart disease (high blood pressure, heart failure, heart block);
- Very slow heart rate;
It may not be advisable to use Iotim if you have any of the conditions mentioned above. You may also either be given dosage adjustments or may need to undergo special monitoring during the treatment period.
Iotim belongs to FDA Pregnancy Category C. This entails that it is not certain how it may affect an unborn child. In case you are pregnant or planning to be, see your doctor first before taking Iotim.
It is not known if Iotim passes into breast milk. Nursing moms are strongly advised to see their doctor before using Iotim.
Iotim must be indicated as directed by your doctor. If there is any instruction that appears unclear to you, ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.
Below are the guidelines on the proper application of Iotim:
- Always wash your hands before using the eye drops;
- Apply gentle pressure to the inside corner of the eye (near the nose) for about 1 minute to prevent the liquid from draining down the tear duct;
- Look up and away from the dropper;
- Position dropper just above the eye;
- Remove contact lenses (if you are wearing any) before applying Iotim. ask your doctor if it is safe to reinsert the lenses after application;
- Repeat procedure with a 5-minute interval in each drop if required on the other eye or when more than one dose is needed;
- Squeeze out a drop and close the eye;
- Tilt head back slightly and pull down on the lower eyelid;
Never let the dropper touch any surface, including your eyes and hands so as to prevent eye infections.
Do not use discolored eyedropper or when you notice particles in it.
Unless directed by your doctor, Iotim must not be double dosed. If you happen to miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember as long as it is not almost time for the next scheduled dose. Otherwise, skip missed dose and proceed with the next.
Symptoms of over dosage may include:
- Difficulty in breathing;
- Heart attack;
- Shortness of breath;
- Slow heart rate;
If you observe any of the conditions above or when you have accidentally ingested drops, seek immediate medical attention.
Stop usage of Iotim and see your doctor if you feel any of these conditions:
- Congestive heart failure (shortness of breath, chest pain, anxiety);
- Asthma attack (shortness of breath, wheezing);
- Allergic reactions (such as difficulty in breathing, closing of the throat, swelling of the lips, tongue, face, or hives);
Should you experience the minor effects listed below, continue use of Iotim and have a talk with your doctor:
- Burning or stinging;
- Irregular heartbeat, slow heartbeat, or low blood pressure;
For other side effects not mentioned that are particularly causing discomfort, tell your doctor immediately.
Do not use other eye medications while using Iotim unless directed by your doctor.
Inform your doctor if you are taking any of these drugs orally:
- Atenolol (tenormin);
- Metaprolol (lopressor);
- Propranolol (inderal);
These drugs, when indicated with Iotim, may increase the chances of having side effects.
Other drugs may also have adverse reactions when taken with Iotim. Have a talk with your doctor before deciding to take other indicated or over-the-counter medicines, including vitamins & minerals, and herbal products.
Other Brand Names
In some countries Iotim may also be known as: